It's all aboard the Northern Belle luxury train to visit the family home of the Duke and Duchess of Northumberland in this vintage train journey.
Alnwick Castle in Alnmouth, is a wonderful castle estate, where you will be able to spend the afternoon exploring the magnificent state rooms, learn of the history of the Alnwick Castle and wonder about the gardens.
Your Northern Belle Alnwick Castle journey will begin as you are welcomed aboard the vintage Northern Belle luxury train by the Northern Belle stewards. As you board you will enjoy a champagne reception, whilst you converse with fellow passengers. The steward you show you to your armchair seat and immaculately laid table and soon you will be served a delicious five-course dinner along with a bottle of the sommelier’s specially selected wine to accompany your meal.
You will arrive in Alnmouth to visit Alnwick Castle just after mid-day. You'll have plenty of time to explore the second largest inhabited castle in England, which is also a fan favourite of film makers. You may recognise Alnwick Castle from the Harry Potter films. You will also have the opportunity to discover the castle ground before rejoining the Northern Belle to conclude this luxury train journey.
· Return journey aboard the Northern Belle vintage train
· Welcome sparkling drinks reception
· Three-course brunch on the outward journey
· Morning tea and coffee
· Visit to Alnwick Castle & gardens , including coach transfers, admission and tour
· Champagne reception back on board
· Five-course dinner: British seasonal table d’hôte menu with Great British cheeseboard
· Bottle of wine per couple
· Coffee, tea and petits fours
Timings are provisional and subject to network rail confirmation 7 days prior to departure.